We think you are looking at our website from outside the European Union so we are showing you prices without VAT.
egg's vegan pea soup
vegan pea soup
- 2kg frozen petit pois peas
(edamame works well too)
- 2 bunches of spring onions finely chopped
- 1 bulb garlic finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- a bunch of fresh mint
- a bunch of fresh basil
- a bunch of fresh coriander
- 1 tablespoon of bouillon veg stock
(if cooking for vegans make sure to get the vegan version)
- 1 block of creamed coconut
(2 x can of coconut milk will do but I find the block is more economical and creamier)
- 1 litre boiled water
- heat the oil on a medium heat in a large deep saucepan and add the spring onions.
- cook for a few minutes and then add the garlic, turn the heat down and place the cover on allowing the onion and garlic to sauté. Keep an eye on it so as to not burn the garlic, stirring occasionally.
- add the frozen peas and cook for 5 minutes.
- stir the veg stock in to the boiling water and add to the pan along with the block of creamed coconut; bring the soup to boil.
- stir occasionally to help aid the coconut to melt. Once the coconut has dissolved completely bring the soup down to simmer. (If more water is needed add, some people like their pea soup to be thicker so choose to your own taste)
- turn the heat off and whilst cooling slightly tear the basil and mint from its stalks but leave the coriander with stalk and add all to the soup, stir but do not bruise the herbs.
- blend the soup with a hand held blender, ladle in to your favourite bowl with a crusty slice of buttered sourdough on the side and enjoy!